A couple new toys appeared in the playroom today. One was a bag of lego-style building blocks. Zoe immediately noticed their presence and would not rest until they were spread out in front of her. They proved to be fun for the whole family. Julian and I built things. Zoe promptly disassembled them. Teamwork.




Tomorrow is another day off from the baby house. We are looking forward to a busy day of sightseeing and visiting with more prospective parents passing through Almaty on their way to baby houses (or children’s houses) in other Kazakh cities. Karen and Bob from Minneapolis (“Little Kazman” private blog) are on their way to Uralsk. Catalina and Calin from New York (http://catabaia.blogspot.com/) are on their way to Petropavlovsk.We have definite plans to meet Karen and Bob. They arrive early tomorrow morning and are not leaving until Monday morning. They are staying at Hotel Kazakhstan which is a mere block from the cable car up to Kok Tobe. They don’t know it yet, but we may try to drag them out for lunch on top of Kok Tobe.
Catalina and Calin were SUPPOSED to be on the same connecting flight as Karen and Bob but have already encountered a few last minute difficulties. Apparently they had a reservation but no seat reservation on their flight out of New York. Who thought there was a difference??? They can fill you in on the gory details on their blog. Suffice it to say that they got on a later flight and are now flying in via Dubai. We look forward to hearing from them when they arrive in Almaty. Whether their new schedule allows for a get-together has yet to be determined.
4 comments:
Yeah on the court date! Hip-hip-hooraaaay! Her tongue is so cute and intense. "I'm concentrating now" is what I read. You have a great way of narrating your thoughts and experiences. its wonderful to be able to share, thank you.
Hope all goes well with meeting up with Karen, Bob and Catalina. I undertand Karen and Bob have had some flight (luggage) stress, as well as Catalina. Hope you all meet up and have a good laugh. Tell them I'm thinking of all of you! So cool to see you all meet up!
Love seeing cute Lil Zoe tearing down your lego's. She is a punkin. How nice to have a relaxing day after the stress of court.
Please tell Karen we love her. wow, Catalina gets to go Dubai. I guess she doesn't get to get out and check it out. That city sounds pretty far out and groovy. :)
So cool you get to meet up with them. So many people are traveling now, it's very excitin!!
Yum - lunch on top of kok tobe :) It is so fun meeting up with other adoptive parents :)
Very cute! I have an extra set of oversized legos I was thinking of dragging over there as a donation (but they are a little heavy and bulky). Looking at Zoe's excitement playing with them, I may have to make room in the luggage. Great photos.
Post a Comment