Sunday, 18 January 2009

Snow, Snow, Snow!

With the bitter cold days we have experienced this week, some of us resorted to crawling into bed and pulling the shades... over our eyes.
At week's end, however, the weather warmed and the skies opened for the latest snowfall. Six glorious inches and "warm" temperatures coinciding with a weekend resulted in shrieks of delight as neighbourhood children boarded their sleighs and headed to the nearest park, alleyway or one of the many unshoveled sidewalks.

After warming up and drying off, we are headed to our favourite Ethiopian restaurant this evening for a family celebration of Mummy and Daddy's anniversary. It is far less romantic when we go as "Mum" and "Dad" but it is who we now are... and we would not have it any other way. (Happy Anniversary!!)

6 comments:

Karen said...

Happy Anniversary Mum and Dad. Although those names may not be as romantic, it's sweet nonetheless. Enjoy!!!!

Karen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Patrick & Eileen said...

Happy Anniversary and Happy New Year!

I had a blast going over your blog and seeing how much Zoe (and your dog) has changed. She is so cute! Oh, I love the Kazakh vest. I didn't see that but bought a national dress for Audrey (when she's a little older).

I've been ill and my in-laws left on the 13th....so now I have time to check in on blogs. I've missed so much it seems.

It's been fun and I can't wait to see more updates!
Eileen

Kelly and Sne said...

Cute - I wish we had more snow here. Or at least wish it lasted longer than a day!

Happy Anniversary! That reminds me, we have GOT to get a sitter one of these days and have a date night...

keoghclan said...

The photos are cute! God bless the kids and the snow. Toronto garbage can come and pack it up and take it all away please and thank you as far as I am concerned :-0) Roll on spring.

Susan said...

yes, true, dinners out and parties with lil ones in tow are not quite the same, but I wouldn't trade it either. :)

I love lil zoe's coat-so cute and feminine with the flowers! Although, admittedly, not a fan of cold weather, the snow looks like so much fun, and I know Leeza, and certainly Sean, would love sledding. I do remember sledding fondly. :)
Florida had a cold week last week with temps in the 30's and frost on the grass. Kids wanted to build "frost men" but parnents had to explain why that could not be done.

Happy Anniversary! :)