While we were with the Keoghs this morning, the phone rang. Ironically it was the mother of a future playmate for Orin and Zoe. Sue and her husband and 7-year-old daughter are leaving for Almaty tonight! They are using the same Toronto agency that the Keoghs and we used. They have also been paired with the same Almaty coordinator that took care of us for nine weeks exactly a year ago. It was nice being able to wish them bon voyage. We hope for them all the luck in the world and look forward to following their journey as we reminisce about ours.
This week's official launch of our second adoption and today's wonderful dose of Kaz kiddos and related stories has us looking forward to Kazapalooza, an annual gathering of Kaz adoptive families from all over North America.
Zoe got a new pair of rain boots yesterday. Cute boots at an irresistible price on a snowy day when Mum was longing for anything spring like - even spring showers. The boots ended up on Chengis's favourite chair (one doesn't bother asking how or why anymore). Not to be deterred, he simply curled himself around them and used them as a chin rest.
As we were dressing to go visit Orin this morning, Zoe was adamant about wearing her new yellow boots. I pulled out her snow boots, showed her all the snow outside and explained how the snow boots were for wearing in the snow while rain boots were for wearing in the rain. I promised that she could wear her rain boots the next time it rained. Her immediate response was to retrieve an umbrella. She handed it to me then pointed to her boots and said "rain." It was so cute that I almost caved at that point, but the snow boots won out in the end.
7 comments:
Congrats on starting down the road for #2! We almost have an exclusive little club going here: recent returnees who are traveling the road to #2 sooner rather than later. Though I can't believe that it takes so long to get just the initial approval from Canada! Also great that you have your own little Kaz-Toronto group going. I wish Miras had some playmates from Kaz. We are going to Kazapalooza too and we can't wait to meet you and everybody.
P.S. Good thing that Chengis didn't use the boots as a chew toy rather than a chin rest. That would have been their fate in our house.
P.P.S. Zoe will make a great big sister!
How fun for Zoe and Orin! I think it's great that you got together with the Keoghs.
Chengis with the rain boots...too cute :)
Eileen
Yes, Kazapalooza is going to be like one big reunion—I think you and Julian have met most of us at one time or another being the official meeter greeter in Almaty. Too funny. I can't wait to see the picture of Zoe sporting her new rain boots. I think yellow is her color—makes for a great contrast against her beautiful dark hair and skin.
Hi Sara, Julian and adorable Zoe,
Thank you so much for my comment on my new blog. I love comments myself but am so bad about leaving comments! Shame on me!
I LOVE your blog and have been following it since you were in Kaz adopting Zoe. Zoe is so beautiful and cutest thing ever! Her and Henry are only a few weeks apart in age.
Thanks for always sharing, I love checking in and seeing how little Zoe is doing.
Carolyn
Hi Missus. You are so diplomatic about the sharing......folks it was ALL my Kazmanian devil who would not share - oh the joys!! Orin was emphatic after you left he will say sorry to Zoe and be nice next time!!
The yellow boots are lovely......but I have to say my personal fav. were the pink and black dalmation winter boots Zoe had on yesterday...I told our Ash about them and she wants a pair!!
Next time we get together we have to have Ash there....she would love a Zoe of her own :-)
Kapalooza sounds like it will be fun.
Almost positive we will be going.
See you in March Sara and Zoe
Mary & grumpy pants :-)
PS. Put some photos on our blog.
aww Orin and Zoe are very very cute together.
Zoe is such a sweetie and i love her yellow galoshes. That's what we used to call our rain boots. :)
Leeza is obsessed with shoes, but now always takes them off in the car, and her socks. Today, she was all mad because it was cold, and she had tights on and could not put those "socks" off. :)
so excited for you for number 2, do you think you'll end up back in Almaty?
Chengis and the galoshes are so cute, and that smart Zoe getting her umbrella is priceless.
I cannot wait for Kazapoolza. :)
Too too cute!
Darlene
Post a Comment