Wednesday, 7 January 2009

Potty Talk

Whether we like it or not, it seems as if Miss Zoe has decided to potty train herself. We mentioned in an earlier blog that we had purchased a training potty to have when we decide to go down that road. Once it was removed from the box, the potty immediately became a toy chair for Zoe. (We aren't ready to potty train so we have not yet read up on it and, thus, are blissfully ignorant of any damage we are doing by letting her use the potty as a toy.) Beyond buying the potty, we have done nothing. We have not explained things to Zoe. We have not bought her any of the potty training books that are supposed to coax her along the potty training path. We have not invited or encouraged her to even consider using the potty as a potty. However, three times in the last two days she has come to one of us saying "potty, potty" and insisted that we pull down her pants and remove her diaper. We proceeded to follow her instructions as much out of curiosity of what would happen next as to humour her. Imagine our suprise when she "produced" each time!

When she is not trying to convince us to potty train her, she loves sitting in her rocking chair reading books.

She loves playing peek-a-boo.
She is becoming more and more attached to her blanket, or "Ga" as she calls it. She definitely associates it with sleeping and will often say "night night" and lay her head on it as she picks it up, even though she plays with it all day long. She will often suck on her fingers while cuddling it, a gesture usually reserved for when she is tired or going to sleep.
Peek-a-boo!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Sara and Julian!
I just wanted to thank you for your sweet comment on my blog (mammawannabe.wordpress)...that meant so much to me. Heck, I've been following your blog for so long that I feel as if I've just "met" two celebrities! Adopting from Kazakhstan is definitely a possibility for me, and it's funny that you mentioned it, considering that a good friend of mine just told me yesterday that she'd be interested in finding out more about adopting from Kaz as well. Zoe is one of the most beautiful little girls I've ever seen, and she is SO blessed to have you as her parents! Your family is just amazing. :)
~Heather

Jennifer said...

Wow, that is so awesome! Congratulations Zoe on figuring out the potty already. What a smart girl!

Gigi sucks on those same two fingers when she gets tired too. Very cute.

I love the pictures. Zoe seems to be growing up so fast.

Susan said...

that zoe is one smart girl!! Although I don't think Leeza tells us when she has to go (i don't think she can say potty yet) she almost always goes when we put her on it...and she will now get up and walk off when she's done.
If i pay close attn, I can tell when she has to do the deed, and potty time takes like 3 seconds. :)

Love the pics of her rocking and reading. I wish Leeza would sit still long enough to do that. :)

Her elephant is her bed time comfort,and the pacifiers. She would have them both all the time if we let her, but I save them for bed time. she gets so excited to get in her crib. :)

Karen said...

Imagine a toddler that wants to be potty trained. You have the little girl everyone wants. :-) She is just adorable.