There we have it. Decision made. On to more paperwork....
Speaking of paperwork, it has remained in the form of a mountain on my desk for weeks. In order to kick start the process, we hired a babysitter (our friend, Rome, who has been on March break for the last two weeks) for a couple mornings to entertain Zoe, giving me several hours of uninterrupted time to tackle it. Mission almost accomplished. Just a couple more tasks and we will be back in the role of waiting.
We are probably still several months away from getting Ontario approval. Only then do we begin to work with Adoption Horizons again to compile our dossier (i.e. another mountain of paperwork). That can take a couple months. Then it is sent to Kazakhstan... and we wait some more. So as you can see, our second trip is still a long way away.
Here is Rome contributing to our adoption effort! Zoe wanted Rome to hold her while splashing water in the sink. Rome, being the good sport that she is, was happy to oblige. Zoe started the day with a shirt on but it was soon soaked.
Who needs a potty to play potty?
Relatively speaking, we are not a television family. We never have the TV on during the day when Zoe is awake and Zoe has never shown an interest in it (though the buttons on the remote control have always fascinated her). There have been those rare desperate moments when one of us needs a 10-minute time out and we have resorted to the television as a way to occupy Zoe. Even then she doesn't last more than a minute or two in front of it. Alas, as nice as a short break would be every now and then, we are naturally happy that the TV is not her thing. (Yet.)
Recently, however, Zoe discovered YouTube. More specifically, music videos. Her favourites are The Wiggles, The Wombles, and Barney. Over and over and over. In the TV versus YouTube debate, we are not sure exactly which is more mind numbing, though after a half hour of Wiggles and Wombles you can guess where our vote is!
In the non-music genre on YouTube, Zoe has discovered videos of cats (which she calls meows) doing a variety of interesting (or not) things while their owners video them. Did you know that cats can poop in the toilet? Combining Zoe's new interest in cats with her growing potty training vocabulary (most of which we try to protect our blog audience from), her favourite non-musical video request is "meow poop see." The "see" specifies a requirement that she only wants videos in which the endproduct is visible. We keep telling ourselves that it is just a phase. 
9 comments:
Oh my gosh, the last part cracks me up! So funny!
Congratulations on your decision! I bet it's nice to have it made and are able to move forward on another child.
We too have YouTube going quite a bit. Incy Wincy Spider is the all time favorite.
how nice to have Rome as a "Mommy's helper" so you can get that dossier done! Congrats on moving forward-I am so excited to follow along.
I happen to LOVE the wiggles and now Sean and I know all the songs and now we sing the kindermusic songs which we first thought was bizarre. Leeza shows zero interest in tv as well....but I would be happy if she would watch Dora or those shows that help you learn, but she has only shown interest in Desperate Housewives, but that was because Joe was sharing his chips. :)
Our tv is never on during the day either.
such a cute photo of all the kiddo's on the couch!
Leeza's vocab is starting to expand...and "poo poo" and diaper are some of the words she has mastered. I actually bought her some pretty princess panties this week thinking we could maybe try to potty train in the next few months..we'll see. :)
great update as usual-and congrats again on the Kaz decision. :)
Congrats on your decision. Hopefully you will be able to get started sooner than we have been! Sheesh, it'd be nice to just submit the paperwork! That used to be the only part of the process that we PAPs had control over.
I love the photo of Zoe with her pals on the couch. Adorable.
Great news! Congratulations!
Congratulations on your decision to add another ray of sunshine into your lives. Having two creates wonderful bonds as I have witnessed with my 2 boys. I find that's too cute the picture with her babysitter.
Hi guys. Just signed on for the first time this morning. Congrats on your decision for the second adoption. You know the AH motto - under promise and over deliver.......also this time you have an idea of what is ahead...if I was 5 years younger and we were to go again to Kaz it would be with AH also (probably because we know each other also)
Love the photo of Zoe on the couch with her friends - how sweet is that?
The YouTube trivia is cute.......and I now have the song 'The Wombles of Wimbleton, coming are we' in my head!! Our Orin loves to watch Michael Buble sing Spiderman on YouTube......again and again (and again!!)
Take care.....Mary
CONGRATS on your 2nd adoption! That is so exciting! Glad you shared!
And...Zoe is growing more and mokre beautiful. Amazing. And, I did swear off tv for my future children, but once Aila arrived, I must confess that Sesame Street and Word World (on PBS kids) became a regular part of our/her lives...She loves it and it gives me a break. I haven't even started with computer stuff yet - that scares me even more than tv because I'm afraid she'll get into the computer forever! I know we cannot postpone that though...
Anyways, joy about your adoption #2 and by the way, thank you for your contribution to the 3-day!
Hugely happy thoughts your way!
Cool!! Headed back to Kaz!!
The You Tube cat doo doo fascination is hilarious.
Hi! Thanks for sending me the link to your blog. Zoe is deliciously cute!
I have to say one of the main advantages of having kids the traditional way is the lack of paperwork. If I had needed to fill in a bunch of forms to have a child I would be childfree still. (Let's not even talk about doing income taxes.)
My girls like YouTube too -- we favour exerpts from musicals. They like The Sound of Music, and Singing in the Rain. We haven't tried cats pooping. Yet.
Post a Comment