Saturday, 21 March 2009

New Friends, New Year - Happy Nauryz!

Today we celebrated Nauryz, the Kazakh New Year, with members of the CanaKaz group, a network of Canadian families in various stages of adopting from Kaz. It was great fun to meet new friends, put faces to cyber-names and see all those Kaz cuties under one roof!

Zoe liked the Kaz-blue cupcakes.
Kaz cuties!
Nothing runs like a Deere!
Zoe's new friend, Hannah. Hannah and her parents are bringing her baby brother home from Almaty in just a few weeks. We are very excited for them! Meanwhile, Zoe is excited to try on Hannah's cool purple sunglasses.

5 comments:

Kelly and Sne said...

Happy Nauryz to you too! Looks like you had a great time. Wish we had a local Kaz group...

marsrob said...

Wow that is cool that you hooked up with everyone and Zoe looks so beautiful and grown up!

Susan said...

what a cool way to celebrate Nauryz!!! Of course Julian is wearing his Kazakh hat and lil Zoe has a Kazakh vest...they're so cool!

I met 2 other Kaz cuties this weekend-Sadie and Nina...it was really fun. :)

Now Leeza is SUPER ANXIOUS for her Aunt sandi to get home to meet her next Kaz cutie. :)

Our Family of Bloggers said...

How neat! Looks like a fun celebration.

Patrick & Eileen said...

Happy Nauryz!! We went to a celebration here in Northern VA. I helped to set up the event. We had a wonderful time!

I've been so busy and kept telling myself that I need to update our blog (which I did today) AND to check in with everyone else too. I always love seeing what Zoe is up to!!

Hope you're all doing well!
Eileen