Two months in Kazakhstan followed by a lifetime with Zoe Yerkezhan!
Saturday, 4 April 2009
One Year and 26 Hours Later
One year ago today... and 26 long hours from Almaty... we touched down on Canadian soil as a family of three. Zoe tapped into her last energy reserve to open a couple of waiting gifts before crashing in her own crib at long last. Our first family photo at home and with Grandma.
Within a couple days of arriving home, we celebrated at our favourite Ethiopian restaurant.
One year later... still happy to be here!To celebrate our one-year anniversary, we went out to eat - for Ethiopian, of course!
Happy 1 year home! Zoe looks so little in the pictures from last year. Still the same beautiful eyes, but such a little peanut compared to the big girl she is now. We LOVE Ethiopian food. The platter we get looks a lot like the one in your picture- it's making me hungry! Does Zoe like it? Rylie loves it. I love having a child who will eat varied foods.
Oh my, happy anniversary! Look how she has changed! She was always cute as a button, and now what a stunning beauty! I'm excited for you guys to be going back to Kaz again. All the best to you.
Congratulations on your first year together as a family! Zoe is a doll, Hannah just adores her. Congrats on doing it all again, we are really happy for you.
Congratulations—I'm sure it felt so good to be home after being away so long. And look how much Zoe has grown. I just love her curly hair.
Never had Ethiopian food but it sure looks yummy. (I haven't had breakfast yet so I'm just salivating right now.) That's great that Zoe just digs in with you.
9 comments:
Happy 1 year home! Zoe looks so little in the pictures from last year. Still the same beautiful eyes, but such a little peanut compared to the big girl she is now. We LOVE Ethiopian food. The platter we get looks a lot like the one in your picture- it's making me hungry! Does Zoe like it? Rylie loves it. I love having a child who will eat varied foods.
WHAT A GREAT milestone..and...LOVE YOUR HAIRCUT!
Zoe's face on those pics is priceless. She has changed so much......what a dollface. :)
Hello,
Zoe is so ADORABLE!!! Happy one year home! It is amazing how much she has changed and grown in a year!
I love following you blog and seeing "Zoe updates".
Maybe I will meet you guys in June?
Take care,
Carolyn
Oh my, happy anniversary! Look how she has changed! She was always cute as a button, and now what a stunning beauty! I'm excited for you guys to be going back to Kaz again. All the best to you.
Congratulations on your first year together as a family! Zoe is a doll, Hannah just adores her.
Congrats on doing it all again, we are really happy for you.
Take care,
Sue, Craig, Hannah and our Kaz cutie Nickolas.
Congratulations—I'm sure it felt so good to be home after being away so long. And look how much Zoe has grown. I just love her curly hair.
Never had Ethiopian food but it sure looks yummy. (I haven't had breakfast yet so I'm just salivating right now.) That's great that Zoe just digs in with you.
Happy anniverary!!! Zoe is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! Wow, time passes!
Happy one year home together and also congrats on going back to Kaz for Zoe's future sibling.
Yes, its really unbelievable how fast one year passed! Zoe is growing and she looks so beautiful!! I loved to read the updates.
Post a Comment