This week has been unseasonably warm. Zoe is taking a music class that meets a couple mornings a week. On Tuesday it was so warm that the class actually met outside for singing and dancing on the leaf covered lawn. Who would know it was November in Toronto!?! Naturally, we spent some quality time in the park this week, letting the fresh air work its magic on our colds which have since disappeared.
Speaking of colds, we have recieved questions about the practice of rubbing Vicks on Zoe's feet. We first heard about it in Kazakhstan when the baby house recommended it to parents who had just taken custody of their child who had a very bad cold. Apparently it is one of the remedies they use in the baby house. We thought it rather "quaint" until we returned home and began hearing of it used as a cough remedy in North America - an old wives tale of sorts. Recently, a respectable health and wellness newsletter offered it as an alternative cough remedy. So when Zoe came down with a cold and we were faced with the harsh reality that there isn't much you can do to comfort a child with a cold, we decided to try it. For the record, Vicks states that the VapoRub product is not to be used on kids under the age of 2. But since we weren't rubbing it on her chest and she is close to turning 2, we took the chance. Did it work? It's hard to say. She (and her parents!) had a few rough nights but it seemed to pass fairly quickly. Would we use it again? You bet!
Here is the week in pictures. Same park, same child, same dog... yet we continue to take photos!
Speaking of colds, we have recieved questions about the practice of rubbing Vicks on Zoe's feet. We first heard about it in Kazakhstan when the baby house recommended it to parents who had just taken custody of their child who had a very bad cold. Apparently it is one of the remedies they use in the baby house. We thought it rather "quaint" until we returned home and began hearing of it used as a cough remedy in North America - an old wives tale of sorts. Recently, a respectable health and wellness newsletter offered it as an alternative cough remedy. So when Zoe came down with a cold and we were faced with the harsh reality that there isn't much you can do to comfort a child with a cold, we decided to try it. For the record, Vicks states that the VapoRub product is not to be used on kids under the age of 2. But since we weren't rubbing it on her chest and she is close to turning 2, we took the chance. Did it work? It's hard to say. She (and her parents!) had a few rough nights but it seemed to pass fairly quickly. Would we use it again? You bet!
Here is the week in pictures. Same park, same child, same dog... yet we continue to take photos!
This is near the parking lot. A car full of barking dogs had just pulled up much to Zoe's delight.
8 comments:
So cute!! I can't wait to see you again and meet Little Miss Zoe in person!
:) KH
How could you not take pictures! Such cuteness! :)
Go for it with the Vicks. I LOVE alternative health care methods. (Must be the Chiropractor in me) And from what I have read the Kazakhs are very good at unique healthy stuff like that.
I like the same dog and the same child. A LOT!
The picture of Chengis in the mud puddle reminds me of a German Shepard I had years ago. Crazy dog LOVED water. At the time I lived close to the river where he could swim. But he'd get water in his ears and I was constantly battling 'swimmers ear' with him.
So glad to hear you guys are all feeling better. What a great week this was. I had lunch on a patio this week - can you imagine?!?! We will take all of it. Having said that the Santa Claus Parade is next Sunday and our Ash was saying it 'has' snow before then or else it doesn't seem like Christmas!!!
Ha Ha.
Are you busy on the 21st.....we are free (and hopefully healthy)if it works would love to see you guys.
Chengis has some tongue!
Glad you are feeling better! The A's and I are fighting something - way down here in Florida. Something is going around. I'll try the Vicks...
I'll try the vics thing if and when there is a need! I have heard of it as well!
Zoe is a BEAUTIFUL little child!
I'm so glad you guys are feeling better. We were hit with something pretty nasty these last two weeks too.
I love, love Zoe's expression at the car of barking dogs. That is just too funny.
And of course then there's Chengis in the mud puddle! LOL! With 3 beloved dogs of our own, I both feel your pain and amusement!
May be "same ole same ole" to you but we love seeing your adorable lil munchkin and your adorable dog. :)
so sorry to hear everyone was sick.
Leeza sounds like she might be like Zoe-not one to stop and sit at all-sean would sit and let me read to him and we'd rock--Leeza-um-NO. She is toooooooooo busy. she will come up, kiss me,and crawl or attempt to walk away. :)
Post a Comment