Zoe’s new birth certificate and passport!
You know you’ve been away from home too long when the views outside the windows of your temporary digs change significantly.
The view out our front window when we arrived:
Our front view today, 2 months and 4 storeys later:
View out our back window, then and now:
One last chat with the street camels.A site we hope to see for a large portion of tomorrow’s long journey:
Once again (for the third time during our stay in Almaty) we have plans to meet with Catalina and Calin tonight as they pass through on their return from Petro. The last two times were unsuccessful due to last minute changes in travel plans. We hope the third time is a charm!
We promise to post news of our arrival in Toronto before the weekend is over. After that, our posting will become a bit more sporadic as life takes over. But we will certainly use this medium to share some of our favorite photos of BOTH of our new additions (pitter patter, wag wag) as time goes by. We are happy to answer adoption and Almaty related questions as best we can; just email
Thank you so much to all who have followed our journey, shared our experiences and celebrated with us!!
16 comments:
Safe travels, Yeoman Family! We have been blessed to be able to share this adventure with you! The then & now pictures are awesome. We hope Zoe sleeps well on the plane - Canada is about to have its newest citizen arrive! Congratulations!!!
As always, it is a joy and somewhat bittersweet for the journey to end for those of us reading. Your blog has been a refreshingly positive and uplifting adventure. I loved your zest for all things Almaty....I only wish you all had been there with us as we had an extra long (2 1/2 weeks) layover in Almaty on our way home. We could have used the smiles and support! ;) AND, Nick and Zoe would no doubt have gotten along famously. Happy travels (and sleep) on your way home....Someday maybe we can make it to Toronto area to meet the Keoghs and the Yeomans....what a fun trip that would be!!!
HOOORAY! Can't wait to see you back in Toronto!
It has been so wonderful to follow along . . . really - it has been amazing to watch you become a family. I could not be happier for you!
Safe travels! Wow, the view really DID change while you were there! INCREDIBLE! Beautiful family photo. Have a great trip and go easy on yourselves as you begin to adjust to life at home. We've been home for 3 months and it has been quite a rollercoaster experience. Our daughter has been great, but the changes have been so dramatic that we are struggling - not bad, but still. Between jet lag and visits and friends and family and work and new stuff around the house and we have a dog that is still upset....well, make sure to take care of yourselves and each other. That is something we are now learning to prioritize. Go easy and congrats!!!
i CAN'T WAIT to say Welcome Home, Yeoman family, Welcome home. :)
Just like Ty on exreme home makeover.
Love the pictures--wow--what a difference. The biggest difference I have noticed is that you came as a family of 2...and now you are a family of 3....love the sleeping Zoe. :)
Have a great trip back. :)
WOW, it's amazing to see the before and after photos!
I will miss your blog...I look forward to seeing those "sporadic" updates. :-)
Safe journey home!
I adore the picture of little Zoe sleeping. Sooooo precious!! Have a safe trip home and enjoy the rest of your lives together.
:) KH
Thank you for letting me come along on your journey. Will be checking in to see that you have made it home and checking in for the updates!!! Have a great trip back and congratulations on your new family!!
Smooth travels! I'm so glad you're finally headed HOME! Thanks so much for all your posts, ideas, updates, etc. It's been fabulous.
I have really enjoyed following your adoption journey. It has been wonderful to see your family formed and to learn things about Kaz, too, through your blog. It would definitely be great to see pictures of Zoe as she grows. Best wishes for a smooth journey home and for lots of zzzzzzzs from Zoe. Congratulations again! Tricia
Congratulations on getting the passport and now being able to 'break yourselves out' of Kaz! I guess you have been there awhile. We're looking forward to the top TEN (or even top TWENTY) list from Almaty! And please do keep posting with photos on one of the cutest girls in Almaty (I love the snug and a bug photo of her sleeping) and updates on how everybody is transitioning. Have a great flight home!
Love the before and after pictures!
Safe travels!
Congratulations! Safe travels home.
Many wishes for safe travels. Your journey was truly a joy to be a part of. Thank you. I look forward to any and all updates.
Wow--the pictures show it has been a long time and I am sure you are ready to go home but in some ways it seems like you just got there.
You have a most beautiful daughter who couldn't look any more angelic than in her sleeping picture.
I have loved following your journey--safe travels home.
Godspeed.
HI Sara, Julian and Zoe
We were very happy to finally meet with you. I hope by now you are already safe home, dealing with the jet lag. I just went through the pictures in your blog, they are wonderful. Looks like you really enjoyed the city. Can`t wait to see the updates from home. We will be in touch :)
Post a Comment