Thursday, 10 April 2008

It's a Boy!

We have added a second addition to our family in as many weeks. This one is a boy… with four legs and a tail. He is a 7 ½ week old purebred Dutch Shepherd and his name is Chengis.

Chengis took to Zoe immediately. Zoe returns the affection most of the time, though does not yet fully appreciate his occasional need to use her as a chew toy.

Zoe seems to be over her jet lag and is now sleeping through the night again. This “small” adjustment makes a world of difference for all of us. In spite of the temporary jet lag, she has come through the transition (so far) with flying colors. We are very proud of her. Not to mention pretty darn relieved.

Chengis, on the other hand, is suffering some separation anxiety, is not even close to being house broken and does not sleep through the night. I guess we needed a little balance in our household!


Zoe's first ride in a car seat.
The introduction.
First kiss.
Posing.
All tuckered out.

12 comments:

Sandi said...

Oh my gosh he is so cute. I love puppies but man the work is hard. You guys are brave to house train a dog and get into a routine with Zoe. Whoa I am impressed. My dog is 9 and I wonder how he will do with a sister, he is truly in for some changes.

Congratulations again and I am glad that Zoe is sleeping and adjusting.

Sandi

Anonymous said...

Some people are gluttons for punishment. Enjoy.
Irene

Aaron and Julie said...

What a journey that you guys have had - from before take off to now. I am so glad that Chengis has joined your family. It will be very fun watching him & Zoe grow up together!

Amy said...

Very cute - Zoe and the puppy!! MMmmmmm yeah housebreaking a puppy....you guys are brave!! Thank heavens Zoe is so easy huh? ; )

Diana said...

The Puppy is here! The Puppy is here. A mighty good looking puppy too.

I am a hopeless animal lover. Two dogs, two cats, a miniature horse and a dozen ducks on the way.

Regina said...

How brave of you to bring home a new puppy shortly after bringing home a new baby! I LOVE dogs and one of my favorite smells in the world is puppy breath! But boy, puppies will keep you up at night as much as a child.

He is adorable and I'm so glad he has taken to Zoe. Have fun with your bouncing baby household!

Karen, Glenn, Allie, Max, and Sam said...

Congratulations on all accounts, and welcome home! Love the pic of the puppy's first kiss -- Zoe looks a little stunned, yet I'm sure came through another first with flying colors as she has for all of her other firsts. It sounds like everyone is settling in nicely. You guys seem to be "up" for just about anything! May we be even half as patient in our our own journey. :-)

Kelly and Sne said...

What a cutie! Well, it will be rough handling 2 "schedules" for the next 6 months or so but if you can put your energy into it, you'll have really well-behaved "children." Enjoy!

Angela said...

All I can say is ADORABLE! Those photos almost make me want a puppy . . .

Anonymous said...

I have to laugh about the new puppy. Our kids were a breeze compared to Rupert. His puppyhood about did me in. Cute, yes, but soooooo much work and so little sleep.
:) KH

Kim said...

Oh my goodness that doggie is SO cute!

Susan said...

chengis has gorgeous eyes!!

Well, Zoe is so good-you needed some balance there. Puppies are good for that. :)