Cupcakes are a favourite!
With Grandma Elaine.
P.S. E-tickets do not have to be notarized and apostilled when leaving Almaty. It just seems that way. One's sense of humour tends to warp somewhat when posting a blog entry after days of no sleep while attempting to entertain an active daughter who is also suffering from a case of jet lag.
7 comments:
Glad to see everyone is settling in at home. Love the photo of Zoe with the cupcake. You can see she just wants to smash it into her face and 'go for it' I can empathize with her....it's tough being a lady sometimes :-) As for the notarizing etc., oh Gosh don't get me started!! It was a joke in our house for a long time after Kaz about getting things notarized :-)........my husband to me
when I would give him a grocery list 'now did you notarize it?' one time my daughter brought home a note from school 'oh sorry, I cant look at that it's not notarized!!' I was ready to kill him at one stage........I threatened to get a stamp and notarize him on the forehead right between the eyeballs!!
Love your humour.....you are right, one must laugh (trust me the stories become funnier over time) Almost felt when we came home from Kazland we should get tee-shirts that said 'we survived 2 months in Kazakhstan' loved the place, loved the whole life experience, loved (of course) the precious gift of Orin from Kazakhstan but it was quite the culture shock being there. Thank goodness for all the wonderful friends we met.
Looks like you are settling in! Cupcakes?! Of course cupcakes are her favorite. Is there anything better than cupcakes? Did she like the Ethiopian food? When Luca was that age, he pretty much ate anything - I think it all started to go down hill around the age of 2.
And, the apostilled plane ticket was funny! I like your sense of humor too!
So happy everything is OK, looks like she is adjusting very very well, as we expected. Honestly, I almost believed the etickets story after so many things already hapened with us(myself with jet lag as well) - it was really funny - lets never forget the British humor!!!
Yum - Ethiopian food and cupcakes! I want to come live in Canada too!!!
Glad everybody is enjoying being home!
I wouldn't surprise me if the e-tickets DID have to be N&A!
Love the picture with grandma. As we go through our journeys the grandmas and grandpas are going through their own journeys to the little one. Their GRAND little one. So precious to see Zoe and grandma meet.
One must laugh! Thank you for reminding me of that.
So glad you guys are home & settling in. I love the generation photos :)
Good to see you are all adjusting to life at home. Grandma is lovely.
Post a Comment