Sunday, 7 February 2010

In a Couple Days - You Heard it Here First

One of Zoe's favourite phrases from very early on is "in a couple days." Apparently we put things off a lot! Zoe also likes to make up songs (usually one liners) and sing them. It should come as no surprise that "In a Couple Days" became one of her first and most frequently sung songs. The tune varies which is handy in a household of people who don't carry a tune well.

One afternoon, Sara heard singing, grabbed the camera, and followed the sound. The following video is what she discovered. The hats were purchased in Kazakhstan by Julian. Zoe calls them her cool hats.

Here it is. A Zoe original. You heard it here first! Click here to see the video. (After watching the video, click the back arrow to return to the blog.)

Some stills were also taken.

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

Best Monday morning entertainment ever! I think Zoe and Julian do a great duet and should go on tour to a few of the northern states.

I like how Mama did her best to graciously bow out until faced with that absolutely adorable, irresistable, "If you don't sing with me, that means you don't love me anymore" pout. At which point the camera clicks off. Best laugh of today! Nicely played! (btw, that's Jim, Gigi, and I perfectly)

Thanks for the adorable song Zoe!

keoghclan said...

That is a hoot! How sweet. Zoe has such a lovely clear voice..........
I love catching up on the adventures of Zoe - what a dolleen (you can tell we have been to Ireland recently, that is the Galway version of little doll!!)

I really think Zoe will end up gracing the fashion magazines down the road.......oh in maybe....a couple of days!!

Cheerio

Stephanie and Gary said...

This had me chuckling! I love the duet -- love the baritone. Sounds like my family. Two thumbs up for their passionate rendition of "In a Couple of Days."

sue and craig said...

How sweet!! Zoe you have a wonderful voice and you and daddy sang a wonderful duet.

Sara, you couldn't resist that sweet face, I just wish we got to see you on video too!!

All the best!

kristen said...

How adorable!! Thanks for sharing. I love how she threw herself back each time she said "In a Couple Days".

She is SO CUTE!!

Diane said...

Holy smokes has she ever grow up since the summer! Zoe is such a little girl now, they grow so fast eh.

I'm just a bit slow catching up on your blog, hope to see you soon!

Diane and Ciera

Karen, Glenn, Allie, Max, and Sam said...

Adorable! She is just so sweet and funny! Good for you for capturing that scrumptiousness on video! And a big thanks for sharing. Zoe is a star!

Kjersten, Steve, Aitugan & Nurai said...

Zoe's singing is adorable! I can't imagine there would be any way to resist the pleas of your little munchkin to join her in song. Just lovely.
We are SO looking forward to seeing all of you at Kazapalooza again this year.