Wednesday, 13 January 2010

Happy 3rd Birthday to Zoe!

Happy Birthday Zoe! Today she turned 3 years old. It is a day she has been anticipating for many months, even through the Christmas season.

Her celebrating began yesterday when her two closest friends came over for a play date party. Lunch was followed by birthday cake, of course.
The cake accessories were a hit!
Zoe received a Play-Doh spaghetti maker as a gift. It proved to be a hit as well.
Pretending to eat Play-Doh spaghetti.
Zoe had a busy day today with a couple of classes mixed with the anticipation of presents and more cake. We let her open one present after lunch and the rest waited until evening. Here she is with one of her birthday cards.
Her clever grandparents gave her The Three Little Pigs, Goldilocks and the Three Bears, and The Three Billy Goats Gruff. We have read them all at least three times already!
Zoe got to speak to both sets of grandparents on the telephone today.
Finally, it was time to open the gifts. Well, first a few photos of the birthday girl with the gifts.
Her big gift was a kitchen. The smaller gifts were an assortment of kitchen accessories. She was delighted!
Are you happy Zoe???
After yesterday's lunch party and two subsequent meals, Zoe's birthday cake is slowly disappearing. To make her leftover birthday cake a bit more festive for her birthday dinner, we added sparklers. She wasn't sure what to think.
When it came to serving the cake, she did not want hers on a plate. Instead she wanted the whole cake in front of her so she could pick off all of the Smarties and M&Ms from the base.
Included in the package that Zoe's Grandma Elaine sent were some old photos of when Julian was young as well as some of his parents as children. A couple pages of stories accompanied the photos. What a treasure - Thank you Elaine!!! One of the photos is of Julian on his 3rd birthday. Apparently he ended up sitting in the birthday cake on the step beside him. I could not resist sharing it here.
Why stop there?! Here is another of Julian when he was 1.
All in all, Zoe's 3rd birthday was a great one. She went to bed very happy and very tired. We love you Zoe!

14 comments:

Stephanie and Gary said...

Happy Birthday Zoe!! What a pretty little girl and what a super cake!!! Well done!

I want to thank you very much for the links to the Green Bazaar. I totally missed that area!!! And it was really what I was hoping to see - -from a travel standpoint. I must get back there next time for that is surely an experience -- or at least a very unique photo opp. I will purchase some dried fruits and nuts next time too.

thanks again!! My next trip photos will hopefully match yours ;-)
Steph

Henry's mom said...

Happy 3rd birthday beautiful Zoe!!!

It looks like you had a super fun birthday with the most adorable ducky cake and I LOVE your new kitchen. I wish we lived closer, Henry would love to have a tea party with you.

We can not wait to see you in June. Much love to Zoe and her parents!

xxxooo

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Zoe!!!

It is so much fun watching you grow.

:) KH

John & Jenny Morgan said...

Happy birthday, Zoe!

Baby Kaz Moore said...

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Oh my goodness, there are some snickers occuring down here in Austin, Julian. Seriously, what a treasure to receive those photos.

Happy birthday Zoe. Just when I think you can't get any cuter, you do!!!! Oh my goodness, the big 3. How cool is that. We're thinking of you.

All my best, Susan

sue and craig said...

Happy 3rd Birthday Zoe!! It looks like you had 2 very special days.

I like how you ate the M&M's and Smarties off of your cake--you have great taste.

Loved the pics of Julian!

Have a great 3rd year Miss Zoe!

China Dreams said...

Wow-is that all? She's such a mature little person, it's easy to forget how young she is. Looks like a day to remember, though.

Allison said...

Happy Birthday Zoe! You're such a big girl now.

Jo said...

Happy Birthday Zoe, I remember well when my boys were 3 years old. I loved the cake... pretty creative.

Kelly and Sne said...

Happy 3rd Birthday, Zoe! Your party and cake looked YUMMY!

Paul, Nicole and Angelique said...

Hi - happy birthday Zoe! What a beautiful girl!! Just want to say hi - and that I really enjoy following your blog!
Take care,
Nicole in Wpg

keoghclan said...

Hi Guys.

Sorry this is late but just now catching up on blogs.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR ZOEY!! Love the photos. You are such a pretty little girl.

Julian - you too were a pretty little thing!!

kitzkazventure said...

I am a little behind but happy birthday dear Zoe....number three is a fun one indeed! Adorable pictures!

marsrob said...

What fantastic photos and cake, etc.! She's 3 and she's a BEAUTY and what a pleasure to read all of this! Isn't 3 a great age already?!