Friday, 12 February 2010

Let the Games Begin!

The eyes of the world are upon Vancouver and Canada for the next couple weeks. We thought it fitting to dress for the occasion.
It's a big toque to fill....
Zoe launched a few winter games of her own this week when a few centimetres of snow finally fell. While we have had plenty of cold this year, the snow has been noticeably absent. But it only takes a little to make Zoe happy!
When not sledding, shovelling, making snow angels or throwing snowballs, Zoe enjoys many indoor events. Painting is a recent favourite.
She and Chengis always find time to just sit and watch the world go by. In fact, she will often ask us to open the front door. When we ask why, she responds "I want to watch the world go by."

8 comments:

China Dreams said...

Looks like you have more snow than Vancouver this winter, and a snow angel to boot.

Kelly and Sne said...

Love the patriotic outfits but I have to admit that the monkey hat is my favorite!

keoghclan said...

Hey guys! What a blast. I loved the opening ceremony last night. I love your photos - the outfits are great. We decided to make ours in a world event last night in true olympic spirit..........a Kazakh tee-shirt (Orin) A tri-colour (Irish flag) for Ash and of course Dave and I had our Canadians mitts!! What a laugh, the kids stayed up for the parade and we cheered on our 'teams'.........now the real competition begins....which team is going to get the most medals (Canada, Ireland and Kazakhstan...........hmmmmmm if I was a betting woman me thinks Davy and I are in a good position!!)

Baby Kaz Moore said...

Terrific photos, as usual! I'm watching the Olympics now! Ok, I had 6 days notice to fly in and out of Toronto this past week. Actually, I was on the ground for about 20 hours, with 9 of them during the nighttime and the rest of them associated with the local news about AMD. I think I'll be back in Markham within the next 1/2 year with more notice and I'd love to see you guys. All the best, Susan

Catalina said...

Great updates, go Canada, go! Zoe still has the most beautiful hair! I love the vido with couple of days, very funny :)

Anonymous said...

Julian has on THE mittens that are all the rage and impossible to find.

With Jealousy,
KH :)

P.S. Zoe is as adorable as always!

sue and craig said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sue and craig said...

Great pics as always guys! I deleted the first post because it wouldn't let me correct my spelling mistakes!
We love the Canada outfits and Zoe's sock monkey hat.

We have been cheering loud and clear for both Canada and Kazakhstan.

Go teams go!!