Sunday, 28 February 2010

Memory Lane

February is a month of anniversaries for us. February 4th is the day we met Zoe two years ago. February 29th is the anniversary of our court date when the adoption became legal. We have taken many walks down memory lane this month, all with smiles and a few accompanied by tears as well. None so much as Zoe’s exclamation yesterday that she did not want anybody but us to come and get her from the Baby House. [pausing to wipe tear from eye]

Following are some of our favourite photos from February 2008 starting with our first posed family photo and ending with our first photo as a legal family taken shortly after our court session.
Here are a few recent photos of the sweet little girl who became our daughter two years ago today (for lack of a leap year).
Borrowing Mr. Potato Head's glasses.
Doling out important instructions. Again.
Playing with some of her best friends.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on 2 years of Happily Ever After!!!

:) KH

Lou Ann said...

Congratulations on 2 years! Kazakh adoptions have so many wonderful anniversaries. Enjoy your walks down memory lane - I know I do.

Blessing for your next 2 and next 2....

Lou Ann & Lexie from Aktua Kaz

Henry's mom said...

Happy 2 years to beautiful Zoe and her wonderful mom and Dad! What a great memory filled post... thank you for sharing such amazing first photo's of Zoe! It made me teary eyed thinking of how far Zoe has come and what a lucky little girl and lucky parents you all are to have each other!

Much love and hugs,
Carolyn and Henry

sue and craig said...

What a great post! I loved seeing the pictures. Recognized that room--Nickolas sat on that blue donkey that is behind Zoe in one of the pictures.
She is just as sweet, and even more beautiful today.
Can't wait to see you three soon!

Sue, Craig, Hannah and Nickolas

rebekka said...

She is so, SO beautiful. I found your blog because my husband and I are just in the very, very beginning stages of adoption and we are seriously praying about Kazakhstan. Your daughter is simply gorgeous. I will definitely be keeping up with your story! Many blessings to your family!

Our Family of Bloggers said...

Happy 2 years! Love the pictures. The one of Sara holding Zoe with the straw in her mouth is just adorable, and I love her doling out directions. We have one of those in our house, too :-)
Happy 2 years Yeomans Family!

Stephanie and Gary said...

What a great post that allows us to join you going down memory lane! congratulations on this milestone!
Thanks for the comment on my blog letting me know that (hopefully!) i will see blossoms in ALmaty in March. I gave birth to both of my daughters in the Spring and the blossoms growing in front of my home always reminded me of that special time in my life. It's amazing as it will be so fitting for me that this blossom (new beginning) will be here for me in Kaz. Thanks so much!
Steph

Kelly and Sne said...

Happy Anniversary! I remember it too, like it was yesterday! I didn't think she could get any cuter, but Zoe is only getting cuter and cuter as time goes by.

kitzkazventure said...

We have our anniversaries this month and next also! I so remember your journey. I loved watching every minute of it and I still love seeing Zoe grow and blossom! She is one amazing girl! Happy Anniversaries! :)

keoghclan said...

Hey guys. I cant believe I didnt put a comment on this post - sorry. Put it down to my over 40 tired brain :-)

I remember it too like yesterday but now 2 years has gone by - :-) Zoe is a sweet little girl and it is lovely to see her grow - so lovely.

Looking forward to seeing you guys in 2 weeks. Orin has hockey school until noon but we will be there afterwards.

Take care.

The Keoghclan

Susan said...

she has grown so much!!! what a doll she is. I love her! :)

happy 2 years. :)
love her Mickey overalls too.
we like Minnie Mouse best around here.
and elmo. :)

Diane said...

Just catching up on your blog!!! Congratulations on your 2 year anniversary!! Zoe has grown so much, she is such a little doll. Ilaughed out loud at the pic with Mr Potatohead glasses as Ciera used to do the exact same thing...also upside down!

Can't wait to see you all this weekend.