Thursday, 24 January 2008

Then again, why wait?



Have you ever wondered how it would feel to be a yo-yo? Just when you get used to going in one direction, the slightest tug results in an abrupt reverse of direction.

And remember how we have emphasized that anything can occur at any point in time where international adoptions are concerned? (If not, see our last post.)

Well today we know how a yo-yo must feel.

This week we comfortably settled into the extra 2 ½ weeks granted by last weekend’s delay. It was just enough time to get a few more last minute things done but not enough time to take on anything big. Perfect! We’ll even have time to relax.

And then the phone rang.

Another change!

This time, however, we were advised to change our flights to an EARLIER date. Apparently the processing issues causing last week’s delay were processed at a faster pace than originally anticipated.

We now leave on February 1st. Or at least we think we will. Or at least it’s the most current departure date du jour.

And now we’re back to busy preparations... again.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray! Here's hoping that the yo-yo-ing is finished.
- Kim (I noticed I'm not the only Kim replying to you though...I'm the one who once roomed with royalty. :)

Sandi said...

Yahoo! This is fabulous news. As they say being flexible is the key to a happy adoption. I can't wait to follow your travels.

Sandi

Matthew Ruley said...

OMG! Thats next week! Be safe! Can't wait to see you with your baby!

Amy said...

Woooohoooo February 1st. Man I am typing a lot of woohoos lately. This is good news!!! That means that a lot of waiters are going, going, gone! And you will be soon too!!! Six days to go....I think it is really going to happen this time so I suggest you cut that yo-yo string and get the last things done because you are, in the famous words of umpires everywhere, Out of Here!!!!

Chrissy and Russell said...

Wow! Fabulous! So much exciting news bouncing around the web this morning! I'm so happy for you and can't wait to see you heading off to Kaz... NEXT WEEK! :^)

Karen said...

Wow—things are really starting to move. I'm so excited for you—can't wait to see how things unfold for you. Your precious baby is just a week away. How about that? Very cool.

Susan said...

This process is crazy! But, hey, rather sooner than later. That is great news! We are all excited for your journey. :)

Kelly and Sne said...

Oops, I guess that flexibility is a virtue! I've already moved your blog to the "In Kaz" category so anxiously awaiting your trip too!