This week offered a hint of warmth, allowing us to get out and enjoy the great outdoors. Temperatures have since dropped again and promise to stay low all week.
That leaves us to reminisce about our time in Almaty a year ago. One year and a fraction ago today (Feb. 29 to be exact) we went to court and were granted a favourable decision to adopt Zoe (a.k.a. Yerkezhan, Yerkie, and recently Zo-Zo). We plan to remember it annually and truly celebrate it every four years! Here is our first post-court family photo.
7 comments:
nosotros tambien hemos adoptado en el orfanato nº 2 de almaty somos de sevilla españa.teneis una niña preciosa enhorabuena.nosotros tambien tenemos una niña de 15 meses estuvimos en almaty entre julio y octubre del 2008.hemos visto vuestras fotos y nos traen buenos recuerdos.
un saludo
mari carmen
Congratulations—yes, it's a wonderful day to celebrate. Zoe is growing into a beautiful little girl with such expressive eyes.
BTW it's been a year since our adventure at Kok Tobe—all I remember is being tired and feeling bad that I couldn't be more social. (Now I'm tired because I'm a mom. Oh well.)
I'm also with you on spring. I'm so tired of all this snow and cold. We Northerners deserve a break already.
I guess that the snow missed you. Ironic that the first real snow event for us occurred on March 1st! Oh well, Spring is right around the corner...
Happy gotcha day. And nice butt shot!
The photo of the dog and Zoe and daddy looking out the window is SO SWEET. And she is REALLY beautiful and is growing up SO FAST. A year ago already? WOW. Congrats.
oh my goodness, I can't believe it's been a year. And I'm right behind you. Griffin's and my first anniversary of meeting is next week. What a joyous time. Best wishes. Susan
I love the expression of joy that just radiates from your smile in the post court photo!
brrrr it sure is cold there but your gorgeous lil daughter sure looks fashionable in her snowsuit!! Love her eating the snow. :)
We were actually on the boat this past Saturday (and Leeza got her sea legs quickly..no suprise that she is a perfect lil Florida girl and loved the boat, and didn't even fight the life jacket!!) and then Sunday-in came the winds and the cold front and rain (while I was running my first half marathon in a year..fabulous)
NOW WE'RE FREEZING! I bundle up Leeza so we can go on walks as we're training for the breast cancer 3 day 60 mile walk, and she throws off her hat, her shoes, her blanket. She would NOT be a good Canadian would she! :)
Its hard to imagine that its been a year - she is gorgeous - first thing I thought when I saw the tongue in the snow is - watch out for yellow snow!
Post a Comment