The giant rope spiderweb was also a hit.
We ended the day with a spin through the giant sandbox in the middle of which sits a safely retired tractor.
Being at the farm today conjured up great memories of our trip to a pumpkin patch last year. Zoe had SO much fun exploring the orange sea of pumpkins. As we sorted through photos tonight, we realized the deja vu was a bit more than just having fun on the farm two years in a row; we inadvertently dressed Zoe in the same outfit for both occasions! Though the sweater actually fits this year. Here is Zoe's pumpkin picture from one year ago.
Two months in Kazakhstan followed by a lifetime with Zoe Yerkezhan!
Saturday, 10 October 2009
The Pumpkin Patch
Today was one of the first sunny days we have had for what seems like weeks! To celebrate we headed out to a pumpkin patch on the edge of the city. Oh what fun!!
In addition to pumpkins, pumpkins and more pumpkins, there were lots of other fun farm-related activities for children. Including a realistic cow milking station. Zoe was determined to figure this one out!!!
A wagon ride took us through an edge of haunted woods where a two-legged werewolf jumped out from behind a tree and ran up to our wagon right where Zoe was sitting. There were no tears, but she was anxious to get back to the farm and off the wagon where she announced she didn't like "that woman in the woods." (Her current use of the term "woman" is often interchangeable with "person.") Julian enjoyed a cuddly Zoe for the remainder of the wagon ride!
Perhaps the day's favourite activity was the corn maze. Zoe ran up and down and up and down the rows of corn, loving every minute of it.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
So so cute, that Zoe is!!!
It's looks like you guys had a blast at the pumpkin patch. So funny that she is wearing the same sweater as last year.
I was just thinking, you all have been quiet lately and I am missing my Zoe updates and then I wake up this morning to a GREAT Zoe moment! Awesome way to start the day!
((hugs))
I live in Texas (when I'm not living in Kazakhstan) and I didn't even know a farm could be that much fun! Great photos! Zoe is so adorable, but I know you know that! Thanks for all of your wonderful and entertaining posts. They brighten the days here in Astana. Hope all is well with you. Susan
Hmmmm. I see that Zoe is carrying on the family tradition of cow milking. Next thing ya know, she'll be Heifer Queen :)
tee hee hee.
:) KH
Too cute that little pumpkin of yours!
Darlene
Happy Thanksgiving!
What a great day! I thought I recognized that sweater. Zoe is just as adorable as she was last year, just a little bigger!!
It looks like she had fun milking that cow. I hope she doesn't want one for Christmas!!
Enjoy the remainder of your Thanksgiving!
The Bradshaws
Hey guys. Great photos. I had to pop over to see your blog to see what Whittamore's looks like - Orin is going there on the 29th for his class trip.........looks like lots of fun will be had.
Hope you guys are well and enjoying fall.
We wont make the get together on the 24th. Hope you enjoy. Don't forget to post photos.
Hugs to Zoey.
great pics!! that looks like a blast.I love her milking the cow. :)
We went to a Dallas punkin patch this weekend and we got to wear Jackets..it was so nice and coolout.:)
There is a place here we are checking out next weekend..but it's probably not going to require a jacket.
wonderful pics as usual. Leeza LOVES pumpkins. :)
Sara.....super photos! I'm sure Audrey would have had a grand time there. I wanted to take her to a pumpkin patch today. Had I been watching the news and weather I would have found out that it was going to be cool and rainy. I hope we can be as lucky as you - to have a fine day to find a pumpkin!
What a great day! Zoe is adorable - especially milking the cow - how funny! I'm going to try to do the same this weekend. Now if only it'd warm up a bit...
Looks like a real country girl at heart
Post a Comment