Our fun began on Wednesday when our "girls night out" group decorated Halloween cupcakes. We even expanded the group to allow a neighbour boy to join us for the festivities.
And the fun continued as the girls took turns taking pictures of each other all around the shop.
Then it was home for Zoe's first pumpkin carving. We have been reading books about Halloween and Zoe has been so anxious to carve her pumpkin!! She picked out the pumpkin all by herself earlier in the week. It had to be a "skinny" one just like in one of her books. The one she selected was a bit lopsided and kind of scaly on one side. But that did not matter. This was definitely the pumpkin she wanted. As carving time approached, she was beside herself with excitement. Naturally, she was going to help and knew just what to do.
First you scrape the inside walls. A serious job. 
Then you reach in up to your armpits...
...and scoop out the insides...
... and deposit each handful into the bin.
This is one genuinely happy little girl with her own jack-o-lantern.
Kisses for her pumpkin.
How happy are you, Zoe?
Saturday is the big day; Halloween has arrived. In the afternoon we attended a Halloween pool party (indoor pool) at the home of friends. Zoe went as a surfer girl.
As always, Zoe loved being in the pool!
By evening, the surfer girl had transformed back into Tigger, a much warmer option for a Canadian Halloween night! Here is the crew ready for trick-or-treating. Yes, Chengis came along.
After every house she would let go of Mommy's hand and run back to where Daddy was waiting, exclaiming with sheer wonderment, "Daddy, I got more candy!!!"
Once her pumpkin loot bag overfloweth (we did not go farther than our own block!), we returned home to light Zoe's jack-o-lantern and welcome the remaining neighbourhood trick-or-treaters.
P.S. Yes, that is a nasty bruise on her right cheek. Wednesday evening she was taking her coat off while running into the house. She fell, going full speed with her arms trapped in her coat sleeves behind her, face first onto the edge of the bottom step. And just last Sunday she fell and cut her lip. Again. (Though nothing serious.) She seems prone to facial injuries!
11 comments:
What a wonderful Halloween!!
Darlene
A super packed and exciting Halloween. Zoe strikes me as someone who would love Halloween. I wonder how long the candy will keep going, or will Chengis steal it all????
Sounds like a fun-filled week of Halloween fun. Zoe looks adorable as always! Sara, we didn't see you scooping out the pumpkin goo!!
Now, we wait for the next exciting holiday. Christmas is just around the corner, and I imagine this will be the year that Zoe gets really really excited!
Happy Shopping!!
The Bradshaws
So adorable. I can't believe how much she has grown up. I loved her costumes and how much she was excited as she received her candy.
Finley actually gave herself a shiner the other night. It was a doozy but I figure there will be more to come, she is very independant and quite the little dare devil.
Sandi
Sara, Zoe is absolutely adorable, and we really love reading about her. And the pictures are gorgeous. I feel like we were right there with you for Halloween! Your mom's group sounds fantastic -- so great to know you are sneaking little bits of time for yourself here and there. The series of pics of Zoe playing and slowing shedding clothing is hysterical. Let's hope that doesn't follow her into her teenage years -- HA! We are pet lovers, so the pictures of Chengis and Zoe are particular favorites. We continue to be so happy for you all.
Great update. Love the Halloween outfits on sweet Zoe. She sure embraces life doesn't she. It sounds like you guys have a happening kiddy social life - makes it so much more fun for adults and kids alike.
Great to see the updates
What a great surfer girl and Tigger! She seems to have grown up so much in the past couple of months. Looks like you all had a really fun Halloween.
Gosh, between Zoe and Gigi, our girls were "deocrated" in ways that we never intended. I hope the bruise fades fast.
That's the cutest Tigger I ever seen! Looks like you had a great time. Zoe is very brave touching the slimy insides of a pumpkin. Miras would have nothing to do with it.
Wow Zoe really hauled in the goodies for Halloween! She is so so cute and her little outfits, loved them both! ouchy on the bruise I bet that had to hurt, poor Zoe. I can hardly believe how grown up she has gotten since the Kazapalooza. Enjoy ever minute! Gena (Berik's mommy)
So sweet!!! Terrific photos! Based on her obvious expertise with the pumpkin, maybe you have a budding surgeon on your hands? Get ready for medical school.
Take care.
PS. Contrary to your post on my blog, no puppies allowed! I've got two children and two cats. Enough. (smile)
I love her Tigger costume and surfer girl costume! But more than that, I love the sheer joy from carving her pumpkin. She looks so thrilled and proud, all at once.
And that is some serious loot. It looks like no one in your neighborhood bought the crappy candy :-) All good stuff.
Happy Halloween, Zoe!!
Post a Comment