While seemingly healthy all week, Zoe has been a little clingy since our return from Nashville. She is constantly asking for hugs, especially at (and after!) bedtime. We love the hugs but are curious what is behind them.
We had a couple playdates this week, including a fun one with Jila and Kiana who we met at Kazapalooza. They live in Winnipeg but were in Toronto this week celebrating Kiana's grandfather's birthday. We look forward to more play time with them this summer when they come back to Toronto.
A few days before we left for Nashville, I finally got some flowers planted. It was nice to have a helper this year!!
We live under a flight path - close enough for it to be interesting, but not so close that the noise interrupts conversation. Unless you are a little girl who loves watching airplanes!
On the language front, Zoe has started saying "nope" instead of no. When asked a question, she will often begin with "ummmmm" as if she is deciding how to answer. She will also sometimes answer with "maybe..." in the same way that a parent uses "maybe" to suggest that one solution is better than another. For example, when asked what she wants for lunch she will answer "ummm, maybeeee Zoe should have ice cream."
6 comments:
She is precious!! I love the photo's of her gardening. :)
I wonder if seeing all the kids from Kaz triggered something in her that made her feel insecure? Who knows..or maybe she just likes extra hugs....ummmm...maybe she likes icecream for breaksfast too. :)
Darlin darlin! Hope her parents feel better soon!
Zoe is so beautiful and I love the photo of her looking up at the sky! Sorry we missed meeting you guys in person at Kazapalooza...maybe next time? And, Aila also gets more clingy after traveling with us on airplanes. I'm not sure what it is about - but she always takes a few days to settle back down after a trip.
Zoe keeps getting more beautiful every time we see her picture! It sounds like you had so much fun at Kazapalooza. Hopefully next year we can join you there.
We are looking so forward to the AH picnic on the 28th. Can't wait to see you all then!!
Sue, Craig, Hannah and Nickolas
Too too cute!!
Darlene
She is so cute. Miras loves airplanes too and will point them out even when they aren't there. Also, Miras has been very Mommy-clingy lately too and cried when dropped off at daycare that first week. But this seems to come and go in waves. I think the excitment of the weekend was a lot to digest.
Glad that you found some friends closeby. We hung out at the zoo last weekend with the Reeds (adopted from Kostanai) and are thrilled that they live so close.
Hi Sara,
I'm back to looking at blogs (and writing our updates) now that my husband has returned back to Iraq.
I'm in the middle of looking at your updates & I had to comment right away at how CUTE Zoe looks gardening!!! I wanted to say that Audrey went through the "nope" phase too. Must be fun to say :)
Eileen
Post a Comment