Friday, 1 May 2009

April Showers Brought...

May flowers!
And glorious puddles.And an obsession with our resident Mama Bird. She is nesting on our front porch. Zoe checks on her a hundred times a day. When we walk out the front door, we always remind ourselves to do so very quietly... until Zoe spots Mama Bird and squeals "HI MAMA BIRD!!!" Mama Bird must be getting used to us because she does not fly away as often any more. Zoe is very concerned about the eggs Mama Bird is sitting on. We are all anxious for the first "peeps."We enjoy getting back to the park on the warmer days that come our way more frequently. Today Zoe insisted on taking her bag to gather treasures. It was filled with pine cones by the time we returned. Zoe loves pine cones!!Earlier in the week we saw "sibling" affection......followed shortly by sibling animosity.
Zoe is learning to recognize her name in writing, especially the "o" and "e." One afternoon this week she was putting on a new pair of "Joe" brand shoes. She looked inside them and exclaimed "Zoe!" She kept pointing and saying "Zoe" until I finally realized that "Joe" was printed on the inside. Clever girl!! Even if we do have a bit of work to do with the "Z."

Kisses for Zoe.

4 comments:

keoghclan said...

I love the May flowers photos - so happy to see sunshine yesterday! That rain on Thursday - The kids and I got soaked so many times!

What a cute story about Joe - they do great kids stuff - more so for Orin and Zoes age - some of the stuff for Ashys age is not so great.

Looks like Zoe is gearing up for her new sibling next year with the cuddling up photo and then the rivalry - oh so noraml and frequent in our house.

Dave is home right now for a week so I have been flying solo - oi.....HARD WORK:-) We will be waiting for him with open arms at Pearson tonight!!!

It is my turn next Friday - I go to Dublin for a week - SOLO, SOLO, SOLO!!!

Really looking forward to Kazapalooza. It will be fun to meet everyone.

kitzkazventure said...

Oh goodness, she looks darling in that rain gear! Those ponytails....absolute cuteness.

Anonymous said...

Wait!!! I didn't forget...I'm just a little slow on the draw this year. April showers bring...SARA'S BIRTHDAY!!! Happy Birthday a day late! I hope it was an extra special one!
:) KH

Patrick & Eileen said...

I just read that your birthday has come & gone....Happy Birthday Sara!!!

I love looking at your blog. The photos are always fantastic. Tthe stories are just so cute. I know Audrey & Zoe would have fun together. Audrey loves flowers, dogs, birds and all sorts of animals too.

Eileen