Thursday, 11 September 2008

Park Pictures

As some of you know and others may have figured out, we spend almost every morning in the park. We have decided it is one of the simple secrets to maintaining sanity while rasing a child (and a puppy). We are lucky to have a very large and beautiful park within walking distance of our house. It is frequented by many other regulars, mostly people exercising their dogs. If nature, exercise and getting the kids out of the house is not benefit enough, a bonus is that we have made many new friends in the park - two legged and four legged alike.

Zoe loves playing in dirt, picking up rocks, collecting acorns and chestnuts, and watching caterpillars, butterflies, ants and bees. She routinely walks up to trees and puts her arms around them. The park is as good for her as it is for her parents!

This weekend we are off on our first big trip with Zoe. We fly to Armenia! Julian is the keynote speaker at a conference in Yerevan. Zoe and I wouldn't hear of being left home alone. We are only there for one week, but that is probably long enough with a toddler. It will be an adventure if nothing else! One we are definitely looking forward to.

Following are some recent photos taken during our mornings in the park. At the end is the first video we have ever posted. It was taken this week when one of our park friends let Zoe walk her dog, also named Zoe. We have gotten a few chuckles out of watching it so thought we would share.





8 comments:

Patrick & Eileen said...

You're quite lucky to have a park to walk to with Zoe & your pup! I have no doubt that others are charmed by her.

I have very much enjoyed Zoe's nature photos - sniffing flowers, bending down to look closely at something or even sitting in mud! I love the photo of Zoe on the park bench and the dog is sitting there with a ball in his mouth! Too cute.

Enjoy your trip and safe travels to you! I look forward to hearing about it...photos too of course!

Eileen

Susan said...

could Zoey and Zoey be any cuter? post more videos. they are fun!

Chengis looks so big on the park bench with zoe! zoe looks so big too. She is so pretty, but i always say that.

wow, Armenia! I just found a blog of a lady who adopted a beautiful baby girl from Armenia...that's so cool
I cannot wait to hear about that trip and see the wonderful photo's you take! Just don't sit on your camera like some big dummies I know...(me!)

The park looks lovely. I am excited to take Leeza Grace to the park too!!
When you return from Armenia, we'l be done with court! woo hooo!!

Anonymous said...

Have a great time in Armenia! What a fun life you lead! We just traveled to...Minnesota. :)

That's a great video! Zoe is so lucky to have her life documented like this. I wish I had done this with my kids. My excuse is that technology is better now. :)

:) KH

Jo said...

Zoe is so cute and growing so fast. Parks are a great place to be for both and is good therapy for the parents as well. Let us know how it goes in Armenia. Good luck.

Tricia said...

That looks like a nice park. Zoe did a great job walking Zoe. Good luck on your trip.

Jennifer said...

Very cute! She does such a great job of walking Zoe the dog.

I love checking in and seeing the new photos. You always capture such vivid colors.

Best wishes on your upcoming trip. I can't wait to see pictures!

marsrob said...

I totally agree that outdoor time at a park in the morning is the ideal way to go. We do that as often as we can - it sets up a wonderful day for all! CUTE photos!

keoghclan said...

Sunshine in Toronto - NO!!! ha ha..... what a freaking summer, so glad it has been a wee bit better recently.

So..how was transatlantic flying with Miss Zoe? We brought Orin home to Ireland when he was 17-18 months....took us a while to recover :-) we ran into lots of delays on the way back that year which just compounded the whole travelling with two kid thing!!

Welcome home