Here are Janene, Amirzhan (a.k.a. Alexander William) and Mike in their first post-court photo as a family.
To celebrate Amirzhan’s new family, we all went out for a special lunch after our baby house visit. The restaurant specialized in Uzbek food with a variety of central Asian dishes on offer. Julian, a seafood eating vegetarian, had a wonderful fish and veggie dish. The flesh eaters shared several dishes including plov (rice pilaf with variations of meat, veggies and/or fruits and nuts) and shashlyk (kabob). The most exotic dish was a plate of horse meat including a sausage, roast meat and tripe (the white pieces on the left side of the photo). Yes, Uncle Mark, we thought of you! Sara, who will eat anything, found it all quite tasty. The horse meat was another first.
Milking the theme of firsts for all it’s worth (mare’s milk and camel milk will wait for another day), today was the first birthday we’ve spent with Yerkezhan. She is 13 months old today.
Since Daddy's head feels like velcro, things should stick to it, right?
The thinker.
What goes on inside that head?
6 comments:
I love the photos you've been posting. Your little one is SO expressive! Thanks for sharing!
I have also been staring at that photo of the plate of horse meat. I've wondered for a long time if I would have the guts to eat it once I'm over there. Sigh... I can't decide.
Not only can Sara EAT horse, but she can cut paper into a beautiful picture of a horse head. It's true. She'll show you anytime, just ask. :)
As much as I have always admired the horse head picture, these pictures you are sharing are even better. :)
If you think about it, please tell us what kind of camera you have.
Your quality of pictures is amazing, but not of course, as amazing as your gorgeous daughter.
Happy 13th month birthday today!
I think you are very adventurous to try Horse. I did love Mr. Ed though...
Wow she is really so adorable! She has the best smiles!!
Do you know if the apartment you are staying at is anywhere near the Hotel Kaz-jol -or I think it is also spelled Hotel Kazahol. If all goes well with my Visa tomorrow I will be arriving in Almaty at 1:30 AM on Sunday February 17th and going to the Hotel for some rest - will be flying out that same day at 12:25 in the PM to Ust. Most likely will be up and about having breakfast in the lobby by 8:00 or 9:00 and if you are anywhere reasonably nearby I would love to see you both. If you are far away from the hotel then I guess we will have to skip it or maybe cross paths another time!
What an adventure! I'm glad to see you getting into the local flavor(s)! My philosophy is that I will try anything once - maybe not twice - but certainly once (well, as long as it won't kill me). I did eat one thing while I lived in Russia that I would never put in my mouth again. So beware of the dried fish!
Yerkezhan looks like she is having a ball (pun intended) with you two!
Happy Birthday, Yerkezhan! Horse meat? Uhhh, I am not sure about it.... The photos are so beautiful!
Post a Comment