Saturday, 9 February 2013

Snow!

We got hit with a big storm yesterday - the most snow Toronto has seen in five years!  Speaking of five years ago, we are commemorating our 5-year anniversary of meeting and adopting Zoe by reading our 2008 blog to her every day.  Though she has looked at the blog and heard many of the stories before, this is the first time we have sat down and read it to her entry by entry.  It's a great walk down memory lane for us as well! 

Back to the present.  It snowed.  The most snow Zoe has seen outside of Kazakhstan (and we are pretty sure she didn't "see" much in Kazakhstan).  Zoe was beside herself with joy!  We spent a lot of time in it yesterday as it was coming down and even more time today as the city is digging out.  Given that it was so pretty out and Zoe was so happy and I don't take many photos anymore, I accompanied Zoe with my camera.  The overabundant results are below.  Enjoy!  (I sure did!)

The view from our front porch this morning.
The view out back.
 
 
 
 

Julian's handiwork.
 
Julian even got to use his electric snow-blowing shovel to clear the alley!
 
 







Cars were snowed in all around town.
Digging out!
Some photos are all about the timing.
 




5 comments:

Kate said...

Hi

This is going to sound very strange but...I think I first came across your blog a few years ago when researching adoption from Kaz (on a Canadian yahoo group I think, or maybe a Kaz yahoo group) anyway, at that point we were abroad (Canadian - overseas). Years later home, adopted two and check into your blog now and then and lo and behold last month during a PA day I'm *sure* our kids were in the same PA day program. I won't out it here the location etc as its the WWW but I recognized your daughter and one of mine was in her group for the day and then my son mentioned your daughter's name. I don't update the adoption blog anymore (not sure if it links from this comment, hope so b/c for the life of me I can't find the password!) but thought I'd say hi and marvel at what a small world it is! As we were overseas and newly back in Canada I/we don't know any other local adoptive families, so it was kinda neat to be reminded there are other families out there who were on this amazing journey!

And yes, it is a lot of snow. We actually got stuck in a pile of snow today!

Kate

Julian and Sara said...

Hi Kate!
Your blog is not linking here but perhaps BlogSpot has a way of getting this comment back to you. What a small world!!! I know the PA day program. We plan to do it again for the next PA day along with some other friends. If our paths cross again, please stop and say hi!! Would love to chat more.

Thanks for sharing.
-Sara

Anonymous said...

I came back to check! Thanks for replying, sorry my old blog didn't show up. One will be there, maybe the other one too (she was adopted with a back injury so that type of activity we've been cautious about but they assured me in the office that the day can be modified for her!). Yes, will certainly say hi if we are around at the same time, it would be nice to chat properly. What a small world! We only just moved to the area (November) and love it!

Anonymous said...

Those are great pictures and yes, timing was everything on the one. I've never heard of a snow blower shovel. I'm going to go look into that now. We got 9" of snow the other day and I would have liked a magic shovel.

KIm H

Julian and Sara said...

Hi again Kate,

Our plans have changed for the next PA day and we won't be at the previously planned program after all. I'm bummed because I wanted a chance to meet you. Maybe next time... We still have a couple more PA days, I think. Otherwise feel free to email me at yeomans_sara@yahoo.ca.

Sara